Bard Guild Panel
Rumor system is done
- players can go to NPCs and ask them about rumors. NPC will randomly pick a rumor to give the person.
- Can whisper new rumors to NPCs, but the rumors will be GM approved before being added to the system.
- Traders and bards will be first with info because they'll be able to use rumors.
- Rumors will spread from town to town, province to province, over town.
- Rumors will have a duration and will spread until they disappear everywhere.
- Fayrin's rest to Muspar'i took 21 days as longest lasting rumors
- All rumors won't go everywhere. Must travel.
- They can set up NPCs to only talk to particular people--female barbarian gnomes for example.
- NPC biases.
- The NPC will tell you where it started.
- If you put garbage in the rumor system the GMs will talk to you and/or remove the ability to use it.
- Circle restrictions on entering rumors are dependent on who created the NPC/area
- 3rd-to 40th. 6 in all
- Bardic scream
- stun, internal bleeders at high levels, blink and look at you funny, room affecting, damage is consent--IF it causes damage. Don't do it in town.
- skill based, charisma
- cannot do it often
- Piercing whistle
- Direct the attention of critters away from others towards you. Only critters.
- 40th with training can playact anywhere
- practice somewhere first
- will be practical
- will restore confidence level(bonus)
- will gain some small bonus to singing, performing
Team enhanced juggling--not there yet
- whistle certain signals
- can try and direct to one person
- training to understand
- enough skill, whistle to other groups in the room
- basically lorespeech
Music Lore is coming off AES
Birds--low or mid level bonus
- 12-15 different birds, some will be race only
- No avatar of any god, no steriotype
- Will be in your physical description like an OM orb
- Will have to work for it.
Current quests suck
- Redo current and add more.
- musical puzzles
- Damn lot of them.
- Not interested in syntax puzzles
- Post/mail quests.
Five isn't enough voice throws
- Two more voice throws planned.
- talking about going up to ten.
- approval to do whatever they want as long as it fits.
- performance oriented--thieves will have them also
- 20-30 recalls coming out
- each new predictions have recalls built in
- lots of cross-guild interaction
Bardic hunting area
- some areas may *need* a bard to access
Enchantes v. 2.1
- Bare bones
- Spell slots like magic primaries
- Key, tempo
- Core system mostly
- determines difficulty of playing two different enchantes in the same area--skill check
- 4/4 time vs. 3/4 time
- eventually multi-room enchantes
- will be doing preview for enchantes
- May not get enchantes back if you screw up the events
- play WITH another bard the enchantes--give a bonus to how well they can play it
- power perception works the same
- PM/instrument using rather than PM/HM
- Music skill determines music clash
- determines how much mana you put in an enchante
- defaults to minimum
- can change the mana on the fly, while it's going
spells will auto prep at minimum
- draws slowly from charged cam in addition to harness
- messaging for when cam is empty
Stats are more important to the contested enchantes
fatigue and concentration drains are gone
Melodic enchantes can be played on several types of instruments
Rhythmic enchantes are percussion, sometimes voice only
Performing an enchant
- creating and recreating the spell pattern to keep it going
- will be easier for a bard to get it started than a spell to cast
- barbarian resistance only counts when the enchant starts or bard changes room
- they don't all go indefinitely
- messaging is going to collapse
- Enchantes have:
- an introduction
- solo--instrumental part
- Different song parts will give different effects
- Will have difficulty ratings to them
Ellie's Cry--will be playable while dead. Is considered a 'ghost song'
Creatures will be using enchantes eventually
no scroll enchantes for a while
Return to Simucon and Otherworldly Events
Return to Main Index